Expressions of interest for Manager and Assistant State Coach positions for the 2022 National Championships are now called for. Please note that some financial assistance will be offered to coaches/managers, but this amount has not been determined yet and may not cover your full costs.
Some athletes may have personal coaches who will travel to the National Championships. Dependent on the number of accreditation passes available from Judo Australia, Personal Coach accreditations may be provided to these coaches. All personal coaches must register their interest using the form available below.
NOTE: Coaches who do not have accreditation passes will not be permitted mat-side during the competition.
Responsibilities of Assistant State Team Coaches
- All State Team Coaches to be actively involved in state team training sessions.
- All State Team Coaches must be involved with the State Team Squad in the lead up and at National Championships.
- Primary responsibility at the state training sessions is to improve and maintain the competition preparedness of the team members.
- Understand and be able to follow draw systems to understand players’ progression through competition.
- Assist with pre-fight warm-ups and work with the rest of the coaching team to ensure all players have a mat-side coach.
Responsibilities of State Team Managers
- Conduct management meetings prior to and at the Judo Australia National Championships.
- Liaise with parents and athletes with Judo Australia National Championship updates and uniforms.
- Represent Judo WA at all management team meetings at the Judo Australia National Championships.
- Ongoing communication with all state team coaches and athletes as required.
- Attendance at athlete weigh-ins and draws
- Liaise with Judo Australia to submit state team member information ahead of the National Championships.
If you would like to volunteer/apply for any of the positions please complete the form, available at the below link, by 5pm Sunday, 17 April.