Nominations are now open for the 2020 Judo WA Awards.
Despite a disruptive year, particularly in sport, due to COVID-19, Judo WA wishes to recognise the achievements of its community members and in 2020 the following five awards will be on offer:
- Athlete of the Year – presented to the athlete in each of the Cadet, Junior, and Senior Men and Women categories with the most amount of points per the Judo Australia National Points Table as at 30 October 2020.
- Award of Merit – Service – presented to a person who has demonstrated meritorious service to Judo Western Australia.
- Award of Recognition – presented to a person who has provided positive and significant service, initiative or innovation to Judo WA in a nominated area. A nominee should have undertaken a project and or a considerable task on behalf of Judo WA, which has resulted in a positive contribution to the sport.
- Volunteer of the Year – presented to a person who has shown commitment, contribution and dedication in Judo in the past 12 months.
- Referee of the Year – presented to a person who shows commitment, contribution, and dedication to refereeing in WA .
For more information about each of the awards, including their selection criteria, please consult the Judo WA Award Regulations.
The awards open to nomination by the public include:
- Award of Merit – Service
- Award of Recognition
- Referee of the Year
To nominate someone in your own judo community, please click here!
Nominations close Thursday, 26th November 2020.