Judo WA is seeking applications for Non-Executive Director. Applications are currently open for an experienced professional to join this high performing Board.
Judo WA is the peak body for Judo in Western Australia. Judo is a dynamic Olympic sport. Judo, which means “gentle way” in Japanese, is a martial art created in Japan by Jigoro Kano in 1882. It is the most widely practiced martial art in the world, and the second-most practiced sport worldwide behind soccer.
The Board of Judo WA is accountable to its members and is governed by its Constitution. The Board derives its authority from the process of election to the Board by Members and appointment to the Board by Directors as provided for in the Constitution.
Judo WA Board consist of five Elected Directors, and there are two Board Appointed positions. All positions are voluntary.
The Board’s primary roles are:
- To set the strategic objectives of the Sport in Western Australia
- To approve the annual budget for Judo WA,
- To determine the risk appetite and ensure appropriate risk management strategies are in place, and
- To ensure the Judo WA is meeting its legislative and regulatory obligations, including the Mandatory Governance Principles.
The Role: Board Appointed Director.
Directors share ultimate responsibility for Judo WA’s overall success. The sport values a diversity of people, relevant skills, and experience among its members. Judo WA Directors are expected to work together to deliver the following:
- 1.Listen to Judo WA’s members and stakeholders, and work to ensure JudoWA manages and responds to them appropriately
- 2.Assist in strategic planning to ensure the leadership and growth of Judo in Western Australia.
- 3.Ensure the highest standards of governance and leadership
- 4.Monitor the performance of JudoWA, including developing and using realistic Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- 5.Perform duties on an assigned sub-committee (if relevant)
Judo WA are currently seeking a Director who can think strategically and might possess one or more of the following attributes;
- Strategic Marketing and Communications
How to Apply
To apply, please email a short cover letter, and resume to Chris Erikson, Chief Executive Officer via email@example.com
Applications close Friday October 22, 2021, at 5:00pm Western Standard Time.